Administrative and Marketing Assistant
Company/organization: Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
Contact: Tonia Castaneda
Phone: (417) 881-5300 ext. 121
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is hiring an Administrative and Marketing Assistant. Details for this position and how to apply are below:
Provide general support to the administrative and marketing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Serves as backup for the finance administrator.
- Assists with meetings, lunches and event preparations.
- Works to update records and invoices in the customer relationship management system.
- Digitizing paper records and maintaining organized and accurate Google team drives.
- Assists in managing the “Discover SGF” online hospitality training program and assists with participant recruitment.
- Assists in coordinating marketing campaigns, including sweepstakes, cooperative marketing programs, and media kit assembly.
- Coordinates collection and data entry of various marketing statistics.
- Provides coverage in the Route 66 Visitor Center as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills required to maintain files.
- Skilled in Google Suite or Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient accounting skills.
- Ability to recall information, set goals and prioritize tasks to maintain workload.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to represent the CVB professionally and articulately in public and social settings.
- Ability to work well within a membership organization and participate in committee decision-making.
- Possess a current driver’s license and can drive the company vehicle when needed.
Desirable Education, Training, and Experience:
- Quickbooks and accounting experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the Springfield area.
- Experience in a tourism-related organization a plus.
- Or any combination of education, training, and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
Email your resume, references and salary expectations to Tonia Castaneda, Director of Finance and Administration, at email@example.com.
About the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.
The Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.