Evening Fleet Manager
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
This position is responsible for assisting in planning after-hours loads for drivers; distributing and communicating driver work assignments; monitoring hours of service, ETAs, PTAs, and driver messages; and resolving issues with drivers while communicating any issues with Customer Service.
- Assist in resolving load issues with drivers.
- Checking and updating driver availability times.
- Keep computer system current.
- Follow each load closely to ensure picked up and delivered on time by assigned driver.
- Communicate with the customer service department and other fleet managers/load planners to quickly resolve any potential problems on loads and prevent any unnecessary delays.
- Verify all city drivers are DOT compliant and work within the guidelines of the FMCSA (HOS).
- Accurately track equipment.
- Assist the recruiting department by taking after-hours recruiting calls and completing paperwork as needed.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.
- Strong math skills
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Finger dexterity, use of arms and hands to operate office equipment
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to 25 pounds
- Preferred: one year’s experience is to successfully perform this job
- High school diploma or GED or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Indoors, climate controlled office environment with moderate noise levels.