Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Phone: 417 862 2674
The Accounting/Finance Intern role is a summer semester-long, paid, Corporate internship that offers college students the opportunity to learn through application and fully immersing in the day-to-day activities of the Accounting/Financing Team they are paired with; interns are responsible for assisting the various Accounting and Finance Teams in their daily tasks. Throughout the internship, student will build upon their current skillsets, while learning from subject matter experts across the company. These Internships have been established for college/university students with a business major. Accounting majors are preferred.
Essential Job Functions
Accounts Payable Team:
- Verifying and entering utilities bills.
- Work with suppliers on open statement items and obtaining proof of delivery documents.
- Assist with imaging and filing of documents and mail handling, plus other miscellaneous projects.
Accounts Receivable Team:
- Coding and processing of payments to customers' accounts.
- Assist with matching payments for escheat purposes.
- Assist with mail handling and filing and imaging of documents, plus other miscellaneous projects.
- Assist in the setup of new customer credit accounts.
- Assist customers with obtaining copies of invoices.
- Assist with filing and imaging of credit applications, plus other miscellaneous projects.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in a business related major at an accredited college or university.
- At a minimum, student must have declared a major and freshman year completed at the beginning of the internship.
- Remain in good academic standing throughout internship.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools and strong knowledge of Windows PC.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week through the summer internship.
- Meet O'Reilly's employment requirements.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- General understanding of accounting process - assets, liabilities, debits, credits.
- Accounting majors preferred.
- Juniors and seniors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple objectives.
This is a part-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, with flexible scheduling.