Merchandise Data Analyst
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Merchandise Data Analyst supports the Merchandise team by providing insights that will help them make good business decisions. This position requires curiosity, attention to detail, collaboration, and an understanding of data analysis. This team member will utilize such tools as MicroStrategy, testing software, Python, Excel, and SQL in their work.
Essential Job Functions
Skills and Qualifications
- Create new merchandise reports in tools such as Excel, Access, MicroStrategy and APT.
- Use existing reports to fulfill the needs of the merchandise department and other departments supported by the Merchandise Data Team.
- Provide insight into existing merchandise reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Learn and use all data sources used by the Merchandise Data Team including MicroStrategy, supplyLINE, and APT to provide insights to the Merchandise Department and other supported departments.
- Produce and monitor projects such as APT tests, business plans, and marketing reports.
- Present project findings to the Product Management team and key stakeholders.
- 2 year or 4 year degree, preferably in Business/Marketing, CIS, Computer Science, Economics or Mathematics.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
- SQL experience a plus.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.