The Merchandise Data Intern is a part-time temporary position responsible for assisting the merchandise data team in their daily work. The primary focus will be on using existing merchandise reports and tools, developing new insights into product performance, and creating new reports and tools for the team.
Essential Job Functions
- Create new merchandise reports with supervision.
- Use existing reports to fulfill the needs of the merchandise department and other departments supported by the Merchandise Data Team.
- Provide insight into existing merchandise reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Learn about data and reporting standards used in the merchandise department and apply them to new situations.
- Learn and use all data sources used by the Merchandise Data Team, including MicroStrategy, supplyLINE, and APT.
- Assist the Merchandise Data Team with projects such as APT tests, business plans, marketing reports, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a college or university-Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Mathematics or Computer Science related major.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, word processing software and SQL.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- General understanding of some or all of the following: business intelligence, SQL, Python, R, or other data analysis tools.
This is a part-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, with flexible scheduling.