Nurse Practitioner-Women's Health
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Ryan J. Trotter
Jordan Valley Community Health Center
I am Jordan Valley! We Make a Difference!
Jordan Valley Community Health Center in Springfield, MO, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join an established practice in Springfield, MO.
The mission of Jordan Valley is to improve the health of our community by providing high quality and accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services to Springfield, MO and the surrounding areas.
- Take medical histories and perform patient examination.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and x-rays.
- Make diagnoses.
- Provide treatment.
- Manage and treat acute health conditions and injuries.
- Prescribe medications and other therapies.
- Educate patients about their health and instruct them in self-care techniques.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Performs work of equal skill and responsibility as directed. May also perform work of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibility and may be requested to perform work of lesser responsibility when workload of department so requires.
- Refer patients to other physicians and other health care providers as needed
- Work independently and must be responsible, self-confident, and have excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintains records and reports as required by regulatory agencies and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO).
- Work with a variety of patients and must be caring, compassionate, and able to communicate well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.