Digital Online Category Supervisor
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Digital Online Category Supervisor will lead a team focused on building a best-in-class online customer experience for our categories and products, while driving continuous improvement of the user experience. They will lead the charge in partnering with multiple other departments including Merchandise, Catalog, Marketing, and more.
Essential job functions
- Responsible for hiring and developing a digital business unit team.
- Plan and supervise all online category strategy, development, process, and initiatives.
- Partner with multiple internal teams as well as external suppliers.
- Supervise the team curating and enhancing product content for display online, to include (but not limited to) product sort, product titles, images/videos, product descriptions, and product/fitment attributes.
- Serve as the data-driven subject matter expert on traffic, content, customer behavior, and online merchandising within all categories.
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape and stay up-to-date on digital marketing and merchandising trends in order to make recommendations and set strategy and technology requests.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the overall line review process with analysis of online sales information (unit sales trends up/down, dollar sales trend up/down, gross profit dollar sales trend up/down, gross profit percent trend up/down, sku level add/drop).
- Present recommendations to the merchandise team to improve the go-to-market digital strategy and online product curation to impact all selling channels.
- Set and evaluate monthly and annual goals for online category team members based on past performance in areas of online sales, organic search rank, click through rate to detail pages, and more. Report regularly on findings and recommendations to improve performance.
- Use internal and external tools (NPD, APT, Google Analytics, Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc.) to analyze site metrics, customer research, and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the digital platforms and various product categories.
Skill and Qualifications
- Ability to lead, develop, and supervise a team.
- Bachelor's degree with work experience of 3-4 years in digital business, merchandising, development, etc. or equivalent.
- Experience with web and sales analytics (NPD, APT, Google Analytics, Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc.).
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable in a cross-functional work environment with an ability to motivate and influence work.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and doing what is best for the customer.
- Familiarity with online shopping and user interaction.
- Automotive and automotive retailing knowledge desired.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.