Accounts Receivable Application Specialist I
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Accounts Receivable Application Specialist I is responsible for assigning and applying customer payments on account, as well as providing excellent customer service to customers, stores and corporate departments.
Essential Job Functions
1. Payment Application- Open Scan Software.
- Verify customer MICR (banking) information.
- Verify handwritten checks that are not able to be read by the software.
- Create templates for new customers on their remittance advice.
- Balance payment by selecting the transactions customers are paying to their account.
- Act as a QA representative by reviewing adjustments made on customer accounts.
- Research previous payment applications to ensure that current payment are applied correctly.
- Review any special request from customers that included in their payment detail.
- Be able to make judgment calls on special requests, including knowing when to involve a member of management.
2. Payment Application- Lawson Software.
- Review any payments that are open in assigned region.
- Make necessary adjustments to fully apply payment.
- Document any adjustments that are required for payment application.
3. Excellent customer service.
- Handle all customer inquiries courteously and professionally.
- Research customer inquiries.
- Dispatch copies of unpaid invoices, chargebacks and credit memos to customers.
- Excellent key board skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- One year accounts receivable or banking experience.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.