When it’s time to look for a new printer or multifunction device for your office, it’s often obvious. Here are six easy ways to tell it’s time to pull the plug on your current printer:
1. Slow printing times;
2. Frequent paper jams;
3. Lack of network connectivity;
4. Visitors can’t access your printer with a mobile device;
5. Sharing scanned paper documents takes too many steps, printers, scanners, and apps; and
6. Only one person in the office knows how to fix a printer jam and all work stops until they show up with the magic touch.
Believe it or not, the technology on today’s printers solves bigger problems than you might think. 78% of small to medium businesses will have fully adopted cloud computing by 2020—and your office multifunction printer can bridge these new digital information flows with traditional paper-based ones, giving you the agility you need to keep your business moving without making concessions to outdated technology. Leaning on old tech adds complexity when your business is moving forward with new ways to work.
When you’re ready to upgrade, look for these 7 innovations to keep your work flowing:
1. Mobile ready printing- Give your users easier ways to connect and print, from any device, anywhere at any time. The latest mobile print solutions make printing from any device to any brand of printer efficient and seamless. Whether you’re out of the office traveling or simply in another part of your building you can get the job done. Choose a solution as easy as sending an email, taking the mystery and anxiety out of mobile print with flexible solutions that are simple, convenient, and secure.
2. Cloud-ready printing- Use multifunction printers that let you scan to and print from cloud services like Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Setting up workflows to the services you already use shortcuts the need to download and print from the desktop. Scan and create text-searchable PDFs through Optical Character Recognition, so information is never locked in a paper document or image capture.
3. Translation Services- Definitely in the category of “My printer can do what?” your Xerox multifunction printer can provide quick, easy and secure translations of 38 languages at any time and place. Xerox Easy Translator Service utilizes state-of-the-art Optical Character Recognition technology that lets you submit data in non-editable formats with the formatting of your original documents intact.
4. Priority Printing- We’ve all been there—you can’t figure out why your job won’t print, and the machine isn’t jammed when you walk up to it. The culprit may be a print job ahead of you in the queue that isn’t formatted correctly or needs a kind of paper that’s not available. Look for a printer that skips the problem print jobs and keeps printing all the other jobs in line. The latest versions of this technology will automatically substitute the closest sized paper and scale it when a paper that’s not available is requested.
5. Automate and Personalize- Your smartphone isn’t really that smart when it’s only loaded with preset apps to let you talk, text and email. Multifunction printers can be personalized with their own apps that make your documents work better for you. Say you need a button on the front panel that automates submitting expense reports? There’s an app for that! Want to add the phone number for toner reordering to the front screen? You can do that too! Personalization can super-charge your document workflows, and give you significant time back in your day.
6. Color When You Need It- Color printing is more expensive than black and white printing, but it can make a big impact – especially in the high-value customer-materials that will help grow your business, or when communicating big ideas. With Xerox ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers, you can set permissions to control access to color printing – by individual type of document or time.
7. Help and Remote Administration- On average, 40-60% of helpdesk calls are print related. You can reduce some of that burden with a printer that has helpful tools built in. Look for devices that have videos, tutorials, and searchable help, right on the front panel. When IT intervention is needed, Xerox ConnectKey MFPs let you remotely log in to the front panel of the device, and make changes, without leaving your seat.
What to do next
Giving you the agility you need to keep your business moving is important. But it doesn’t have to be difficult, contact us to find out how Xerox print solutions help small and medium-sized businesses work better.
Document Solutions of Springfield is proud to be the Xerox MFP and copier technology dealer serving southwest Missouri for over 23 years. With over 35 years of Xerox technology experience, our goal is to provide the community with the latest products, solutions, technology trends & other means of information and help your company make educated business decisions.
Our job involves helping clients answer questions and find ways to achieve success by improving efficiency, productivity, and controlling costs.
Come visit our showroom at Plaza Towers at the corner of Sunshine and Glenstone, visit our website at www.DocumentSolutionsInc.net or call us at (417) 883-2416. We’re here to help!