- MEMBERSHIP LUNCH
- OUR NEWS
- OUR MEMBERS
For more than twenty years, a delegation of Springfield community leaders has traveled to a peer city, to learn from the experiences of another community and to bring back ideas that will benefit the Springfield region. These visits have provided the opportunity to learn “best practices” from other areas, especially with regards to downtown redevelopment, regional partnerships, and overall community betterment.
Huntsville has a lot of exciting things happening, and during our visit you will learn more about their approach to:
• Workforce Development: Huntsville and the state of Alabama have strong programs and initiatives in an area that has been identified as a top priority in our community. What are the components of their successful programs and how are they funded? What impact have these programs had?
• K-12 & Higher Education: A key component in any thriving community is the quality of available education. What K-12 programs exist today that are making a real dierence? What unique collaborations exist between the higher education institutions and the private sector?
• Regional Collaboration: The community has had tremendous regional collaboration that has contributed to the announcement of major projects and job growth in the area. What does regionalism look like in Huntsville and what is the big picture for economic development in the community?
• High Tech/Research Industry Growth: Huntsville was recently named by Nerdwallet.com as the second best city for tech jobs, and has a strong research base. How are they capitalizing on these strengths and what are the primary drivers for continuing to grow this industry sector through jobs and increased investment?
• Talent Attraction & Retention: Growing and retaining young talent is both a challenge and an opportunity facing many communities, including Springfield. What is Huntsville doing to attract and retain young talent? How does quality of life and creating a sense of “place” contribute to that effort? What makes Huntsville unique?
Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/Madison County
City of Huntsville
Embassy Suites Huntsville
Huntsville/ Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau
U. S. Space & Rocket Center
Huntsville Young Professionals
Madison County Alabama
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Calhoun Community College
Huntsville Committee of 100
Young Professional Talent Initiatives - Status Report 2012
Thank you to our sponsors:
The eFactory/Jordan Valley Innovation Center
Ozarks Technical Community College
Connell Insurance, Inc.
Springfield-Branson National Airport
The Daily Events