IT Support Specialist
Company/organization: International Dehydrated Foods, Inc.
Contact: Andrea Turner
Want to join a team where you can demonstrate your leadership and help drive new growth? International Dehydrated Foods, Inc. (IDF) is a privately held company with a proven track record of successfully reinvesting in the business for growth and innovation. Join the globally recognized industry leader in premium chicken broth and chicken meat powder ingredients for use in soups, sauces, and ready-to-eat meals.
At IDF, taking care of business starts with taking care of our associates. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program. Some of our benefits include: medical, dental, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, retirement assistance, fitness center reimbursement, and an employee assistance program. IDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day technical endpoint hardware and software support using industry best practices while meeting the ongoing technology needs of the organization.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain end-user equipment and software.
- Ensure that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, hardware configurations, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked and resolved.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Manage and respond to support requests while making proper use of the ticket system to monitor, analyze and resolve support requests.
- Analyze client systems and report on functionality and performance. Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain data integrity and security for systems.
- Manage projects related to endpoint systems.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedure documentation (SOPs).
- 4+ years’ experience in desktop and networked systems support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Business or relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of desktops, laptops, and tablets. (HP, Surface, iPad)
- Experience supporting clients using Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016.
- Expertise in supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Experience managing Active Directory.
- Experience with software management tools, such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or Microsoft Intune.
- Experience managing endpoint antivirus products (McAfee).
- Experience with networking and telecommunications service, hardware and cabling.
- Experience managing locally connected and network connected printers and scanners.