Contact: Karen Westfall
Are you a highly motivated, self-starter with a real passion for the internal controls environment? Do you value diversity and thrive in a global environment? As part of the Expedia Global Payments (EGP) Controls team, you will be part of a team passionate about building strategic partnerships across the EGP organization. We help ensure compliance with SOX and other regulations and are responsible for conducting risk assessments, monitoring ongoing strategic remediation activities, and focusing on how technology securely enables the business to meet strategic objectives. You will partner with all lines of the business to assist in improving the controls framework by developing and helping to implement predictive and preventative controls.
- You will develop positive relationships with business partners and peers, to aid in supporting the development and optimization of the EGP internal control framework
- Support the effective and timely execution of internal controls with control performers, owners, and functional leadership
- Provide mentorship to control performers, owners, and functional leadership regarding internal control gaps and assist in the effective and timely remediation thereof
- Maintain standard internal control framework documentation and reporting including process flowcharts
- Administer internal control systems
Additional Activities and Responsibilities:
- We continuously assess the internal controls environment and framework for improvement opportunities
- We monitor business processes for changes impacting internal control and provide recommendations for control redesign
- We provide thought leadership and support for effective business process redesign/remediation
- You will support the department strategic priority to take full advantage of preventative and automated controls by actively pursuing all opportunities to automate internal controls
- We work with various lines of business to develop a culture that cultivates self-identification of business and operational issues
- You will conduct periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans
- You will work with process owners within business functions on critical daily operations to document key processes and quickly recognize controls and gaps along with ability to quantify risks associated with gap
- You will work with business process owners to develop key risk indicators that lead to a prediction of change in risk factors within operational areas.
- You will partner with business process owners on the root cause analysis and corrective action plans for identified issues
- 2+ years’ experience within an internal control, internal audit or public accounting environment preferred
- Knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Prior leadership experience
- You will have excellent analytical, social and communication skills
- Prior work experience with a publicly traded company
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other relevant audit or risk management professional certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees
- Effectively manage multiple projects and timelines according to stakeholder's requirements
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to clearly articulate risk concepts throughout EGP
- Able to think globally while driving strategic activities
- Ability to develop influence cross-functionally
- You will be driven and motivated
- You will be creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- You will have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
Please visit www.expediainc.com to learn more about our travel brands.