Manager - Quality Management
Contact: Karen Westfall
About Expedia Global Payments:
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia, Inc., its Consumers, and its network of supply partners. We are the gatekeeper of money coming in and out of Expedia, Inc.
Why build your career at EGP? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Are you passionate about continuous improvement? Are you passionate about leading people? Are you an innovator? We are seeking an experienced leader to lead our newly refocused quality management program. In this role, you will develop and inspire a team of process and data analysts to deliver on our vision to enable value-driven decisions on quality improvements by quantifying EGP’s cost of poor quality as well as identifying opportunities to improve. You will bring strong people leadership, business acumen, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology to a fast growing, technology-based online travel industry leader. You will lead a team responsible for researching, identifying, and creating actionable business insights by analyzing complex data and completing end-to-end root cause analysis on processes that extend across Divisions, and you will engage and interact with business and technology leadership to understand their needs and gain alignment for the work your team will perform. You will report to the Sr Manager for Controls and Quality within the Business Intelligence and Controls (BI&C) organization which includes the business intelligence, reporting, data science, controls and quality teams.
- Lead, inspire, develop, and support a team of Process and Data Analysts
- Identify development needs for your team and align with training resources to fill gaps
- Lead by example and provide on-going mentorship and guidance to the team
- Develop and implement the program to evaluate cost of poor quality in divisional processes
- Lead the team in process mapping and data-driven (root cause) analyses to identify and quantify (costs, value) opportunities to improve quality
- Support the overall risk management goals for the Controls organization
- Prepare reporting and present results on departmental activities and effectiveness
- Frequently engage and collaborate with business and technology leadership
- Actively engage with the Product team to evaluate impacts to quality from changes in products or new products
- Lead new process implementation efforts and building control measures to mitigate further issues
- Support the team by requesting and securing delivery of necessary data not currently sourced in datamarts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results
- Ensure the accuracy and relevance of the team’s deliverables
- 5+ years in quality management, process improvement, process operations or process analysis with demonstrated experience in problem-solving
- 5+ years in a leadership role over high performing teams
- Applied knowledge in process improvement methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated high performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Able to think strategically while driving tactical activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; outstanding presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in identifying and managing stakeholders
- Effectively manage multiple projects and timelines according to stakeholder’s requirements
- Ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Mathematics desired.