Business Office clerk
Company/organization: Springfield-Greene County Library District
Contact: Human Resources
POSITION: Business Office Clerk
LOCATION: The Library Center – 4653 S Campbell Avenue – Springfield, MO
Classification: Library Assistant II
Salary Track: D
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SALARY: $9.50 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2017
This is a part-time position, approximately 24 hours per week. M-F between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm – shift will be 11 am – 4:00pm most days. Candidates must be available to work any hours the library branch is open. As a condition of employment, work schedules may change as necessary to best provide user services and to meet the Library’s responsibility to the citizens of Greene County.
Education and experience shall be evaluated with regard to recency and quality, as well as quantity. Based on the number and quality of applicants, applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond the minimums stated herein.
Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment
Applications may be found online at http://thelibrary.org/libjob/libjobs.cfm then follow the link provided for this Job Posting
Complete application and submit transcript (download under the RESUME tab) through our online application process. Direct questions through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-616-0589 Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing or appointment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The vision for the Springfield-Greene County Library is to be a thriving Library that is an integral part of the lives of the community. Library employees will be expected to embrace the following values:
Synergy – To produce a combined effect greater than what we can do individually
Empowerment – To give someone the means or ability to do something
Respect – To treat all people with dignity
Innovation – To start or provide something new
Confidence – To be certain of trustworthiness
Excellence – To be the best in everything we do
- High volume data entry – accuracy and consistency of coding is critical
- Provide back-up on bank deposits, reconciliations, accounts payable, and money handling functions.
- Receptionist duties including telephone and in-person interactions
- Interacts pleasantly and constructively with others
- Interpret and implement the Library’s General Conduct Policy
- Timeliness: Since employees in this position work with other staff and provide assistance to the general public who patronize the Library, the employee must be punctual and timely in arriving to work and completing tasks. The employee must also be capable of working all of the hours in their assigned shift.
- Ability to work with others and the general public: The employee’s job is interdependent and mutually dependent regarding other job categories. The employee also has a high degree of direct contact with Library patrons. Therefore, it is essential that individual who works in this position have the ability to work and interact in a cooperative, pleasant, and constructive manner with others.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; employee may be required to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Library.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college is preferred
- 2 years general office experience preferred
- Strong emphasis on customer service
- Knowledge of accounting and/or bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Skilled in computer applications such as word processing and database entry, with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General office skills - typing, filing, sorting, etc.
- Ability to multi-task during times of high work volume
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be accurate and consistent
- High attention to detail
- Works closely with departmental staff, Administrative Staff, Executive Director, and Library visitors
- Telephone and electronic contact with library staff, vendors, and the public
- Supervised by the Business Office Manager
- Regular computer keyboard, deskwork
- May sit for long periods of time
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to 6 feet in height
- Occasional lifting of supplies, print materials and supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general library environment
- Must pass a security background check
- Must pass credit check