Habitat for Humanity ReStore Associate
Company/organization: Habitat for Humanity of Springfield, Missouri, Inc.
Contact: Will Kuebler
Phone: 417-829-4001 ext 103
For job posting and required application form, visit our website.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The ReStore Associate is fully committed to the mission of Habitat for Humanity as set forth in the affiliate covenant and provides superior customer service while performing ReStore operations functions including donation processing, merchandising, and leading volunteer activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS - Other duties may be assigned
- Represent HFHS in a professional manner and effectively relay the mission of HFHS to donors, customers, volunteers and the general public.
- Deliver superior customer service to HFHS donors, customers, volunteers and fellow team members.
Front Ticket Counter/Cashier Area
- Effectively field calls and questions regarding ReStore and HFHS services.
- Effectively and accurately create sales tickets for items being purchased by customer.
- Effectively and accurately operate cash register; conduct cash register reconciliation if trained and as approved by Finance Director.
- Screen donations to protect the organization from undue burden of accepting hazardous materials, items with disposal cost and non-saleable items.
- Accurately collect donor information and enter into the donor tracking system; send donor acknowledgment cards.
- Schedule donation pickups.
- Order office supplies and update postage machine as requested by staff.
Donation Pick-Up/Receiving Area
- Assist in pick-ups while safely loading, fastening and unloading donated items; serve as an alternate driver while obeying all motor vehicle laws if requested and licensed to do so.
- Effectively and safely transfer donations from donor and HFHS vehicles to the receiving area and from the receiving area to the appropriate department.
- Competently and safely operate forklift to unload donations and load purchases if trained and licensed to do so.
- Effectively clean and repair donations while utilizing volunteer resources when possible.
- Ensure proper pricing and labeling of all ReStore merchandise following established HFHS pricing guidelines as approved by management.
Customer Assistance/Sales Floor
- Assist customers on the sales floor and with loading purchases into their personal vehicle as per HFHS guidelines.
- Build racks and display fixtures to effectively merchandise donated and purchased goods.
- Conduct inspections to ensure receiving area and retail floor are clean, orderly, safe and free from hazards.
Customer Assistance/Sales Floor (continued)
- Ensure volunteers have completed proper paperwork; review work schedule and check in/out volunteers and provide volunteer orientation as needed.
- Ensure effective and proper training, allocation and oversight of volunteer resources.
- Initiate opening and/or closing procedures according to the HFHS ReStore Policy and Procedures Manual, as requested.
- Properly maintain and clean facility/property as required.
- Assist in marketing/advertising activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistent and punctual attendance for work is required. Must follow directives of supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to the Habitat for Humanity concept as a Christian housing ministry, core values, principles, and covenant, as well as willingness to work on a collaborative team.
- Ability to relate to all types of people and levels within the organization including volunteers, the general public and community organizations.
- Ability to treat volunteers, customers, fellow employees and the general public with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- General knowledge of building materials is helpful.
- Good reasoning ability and mathematical skills.
- Excellent time management skills and strong communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills with various situations that involve customers, staff, or volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented, and work well in a team environmen
Partner Focus: Ensuring that our partner’ perspective (homeowner, homebuyer, donor, volunteer, ReStore customer, etc.) is a driving force behind all business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet the needs of our partners and the Habitat for Humanity organization.
Leading through the Habitat for Humanity Vision and Mission: Keeping the Habitat for Humanity vision and mission at the forefront of all associate’s decision-making and action.
Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
Engagement Readiness: Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
Managing Work (includes Time Management): Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Safety Awareness: Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Prior customer service or retail sales experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and ability to be approved as a covered driver under the commercial insurance policy.
- Class E license is required if serving as an alternate driver; forklift certification required if operating a forklift.