Oral Surgery/Dental Assistant Full and Part Time
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has openings for Oral Surgery/Dental Assistants, full and part time openings at our clinic in Springfield, MO.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a dental assistant.
- Education can be substituted for lack of experience.
- Conscious sedation certification.
- Expanded Functions certifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Maintain daily schedule of OR cases for use by staff.
- Record and maintain drug book and log, maintain drug inventory.
- Maintain and ensure availability of emergency equipment and drugs.
- Confirm and secure necessary documentation for cases, including medical clearances, guardianship, consent and any other documentation needed.
- Perform pre-op and post-op calls to surgery patients.
- Document OR processes for each surgery.
- Sedation monitoring including observation and management of patient vitals, all monitors, etc.
- Weekly sterilization of nitrous notes and hoses.
- Assemble post-op packs.
- Ensure proper instruments, towels, and other necessary items are available as required.
- Operatory preparation and clean-up.
- Preparation of tray set-up, sterilization of instruments
- Passage and receipt of instruments.
- Mixing of cements, amalgam, and impression materials.
- Oral evacuation and retraction.
- Seating, preparing, and dismissing patients.
- Operatory preparation and clean-up
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers