Dental Clinic Manager
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Dental Clinic Manager for our Springfield, MO clinic.
- 2 years college or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience working in a dental setting, preferably both clinical and non-clinical office experience.
- Management or supervisory experience.
- Basic skills and expanded function certifications in dental assisting
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide patient care, including organization of trainings and meetings.
- Ensures staff certifications are up-to-date and proper documentation of trainings and certifications are forwarded to the HR department.
- Maintains a positive environment for all employees with handling staff and patient issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversees the department’s daily staffing requirements, monitors time sheets and manages overtime within the dental clinic.
- Supervises clinic schedule and monitors patient flow/clinic efficiency on a daily basis. Provide input for ways to improve efficiency.
- Communicate all necessary information to clinic staff in a timely manner, ensuring that communication may be received through multiple venues if needed.
- Participate in staff disciplinary meetings and evaluations, handling staff issues before escalation.
- Assists in any area of the clinic where additional temporary help may be needed, including chair side and sterilization.
- Assist patients/guardians with any complaints or suggestions they may have regarding quality of care.
- Creates agendas for staff meets, memos, and all other forms of staff communication, including facilitation of morning huddles with staff.
- Assists with interviewing and recruitment of potential staff and orients new staff to clinical policies and procedures.
- Welcomes, orients, and trains new staff members and provides timely feedback. Order scrubs and lab coats for new staff.
- Attend administrative management team meetings as requested.
- Facilitates arrangement, training, and schedules for all assisting students and interns and communicates information to staff in a timely and concise manner.
- Serves as liaison with providers.
- Ensures department activities and records are in adherence to Joint Commission and various licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Schedules for repair or servicing of clinic equipment.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Performs chart audits on a schedule to be determined, reviews charts on a daily basis.
- Creates and maintains Dental Mobile Unit schedules for travel to schools and events, including staffing, under supervision of Dental Director.
- Keeps informed of all activity in regard to DemandForce and the process of confirming patients through email and texting, and the issues that arise with that program.
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities.
- Prepares reports for monitoring the scheduling of recall appointments.
- Support and assist with implementation of administrative decisions and process changes.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org