Wood Shop Foreman
Company/organization: Bass Pro Shops
Contact: Cathy Hall
Position Summary: Management of personnel, overseeing execution of schedule, supervision and participation in all shop related fabrication projects. Read and interpret architectural drawings, sketches and renderings of wood fixtures, cabinetry, furniture and moldings. Material take-offs for work order production; bill of materials lists; order material as needed.
Experience Req.: 5 to 10 years wood working experience
3 to 5 years supervisory experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee safe construction of woodworking items using the following tools and machinery: Table saw, shaper, planer, band saw, jointer, CNC router, moulder, straight line rip saw, miter saw, routers, drill press, panel saw, panel router and other small tools.
- Generate a bill of materials from architectural drawings. Order material at instruction of Wood Shops Supervisor when necessary.
- Construction document take-off of material and provide to wood shop supervisor for assimilation of work order for major store projects.
- Provide instruction to Cabinetmakers on proper and safe procedures of wood cabinet, furniture and fixture construction. Have working knowledge of safe and proper procedures of woodworking in accordance with local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Oversee and delegate maintenance of woodworking machinery routinely and as needed. Oversee production through CNC machining center.
- Distribute work order information and assign work while problem solving production bottlenecks daily as necessary. Manage time sheets and personnel attendance.
- Maintain and update inventory of lumber and plywood and deliver information for re-ordering to wood shops supervisor. Quality control during fabrication. Inspect finished product for completeness before shipping and insure that labeling is complete for shipping and jobsite identification.
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks, projects, and changing demands and willing to work overtime. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge with basic computer skills.
- Job Location: Nixa, Missouri