Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant for our Springfield, MO clinic.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- One year work experience required in a similar service-oriented industry.
- Additional education may be substituted for lack of experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of phlebotomy training.
- Performs phlebotomy skillfully utilizing proper laboratory procedures as outlined by CLSI with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Obtains and collects high quality specimens that are appropriate for the ordered laboratory tests.
- Disinfects laboratory surfaces with daily cleaning.
- Verifies and records identity of patient using 2 patient identifiers.
- Effectively interacts with patient to minimize the apprehension of the phlebotomy procedure.
- Correctly labels, processes and properly stores blood and body fluid specimens according to the specimen requirements.
- Communicates the need for additional supplies in order to maintain adequate inventory.
- Conducts all waived in-house lab tests efficiently as ordered by prodders, and correctly documents.
- Maintains a strict level of patient confidentiality.
- Follows Joint Commission, CLSI, CLIA and OSHA regulations at all times.
- Assists with orientation of laboratory procedures for students and/or new laboratory employees.
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers