For the 25th year, the Chamber is preparing to recognize five area companies as finalists for the W. Curtis Strube Small Business Award. Here’s a look at this year’s honorees (listed in alphabetical order):
- Askinosie Chocolate is a small-batch, award-winning chocolate factory founded in 2006. It sources 100 percent of its beans directly from farmers and is the only chocolate maker working directly with farmers on three continents. It was recently named one of the “25 Best Small Companies in America” by Forbes.
- Computer Recycling Center, founded in 2001, provides data security services as well as recycling and disposal services for electronic, universal and appliance waste. It is AAA certified by the National Association of Information Destruction and serves individuals, small businesses and education, health care and government organizations.
- Greek Corner Screen Printing & Embroidery provides screen printing, embroidery and vinyl lettering services. The company opened in 1983 with the intent of catering specifically to Missouri State University Greek organizations but now provides services to companies and organizations throughout the region.
- Grooms Office Environments is a full-service commercial furniture dealer and offers space planning, design, installation, inventory management and commercial flooring installation. This year marks the 40th for the business, which is also an award-winning Herman Miller dealership.
- Revel Advertising is an advertising and branding agency founded in 2010. The company has won 44 American Advertising awards and one American Advertising Best of Show award, boasting a list of clients that includes Missouri State University athletics and Mother’s Brewing Company.
The W. Curtis Strube Small Business Award has been presented by the Chamber since 1992. It is named for Dr. W. Curtis Strube, the late director of Drury University’s Breech School of Business Administration, a dedicated advocate of small business and founder of the Chamber’s Small Business Council. (Click here to see a list of previous recipients.)
Honorees are determined by written applications scored by an independent panel of judges. The application consists of written essays on company history, management philosophy, responses to challenges, innovation in product and service offerings and contributions to the community.
Connell Insurance, Inc. is presenting sponsor for the awards event, and gold sponsors are CoxHealth Plans, Lathrop & Gage, LLP and TCSI Transland. Tickets are available for the luncheon event on Wednesday, May 3; click here to reserve your spot today!